Imagine my shock to come home and discover that Rory over at A Guy called Bloke and Doodlepip’s Adventures had nominated me. I recently stumbled onto his blog via Bitchin’ in the Kitchen and have been enjoying his wit and ramblings. (This is a compliment Rory in case you thought otherwise)
This version of the Liebster Award comes with six rules. They are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who deserve the award.
- Create 11 original questions for the nominees to answer.
- Let them know they’ve been nominated.
So here we go with 11 facts about me:
- I am the eldest of 2, my bro being 7 years younger. (I am also the better looking of the two)
- I have been writing since I was 6 years old, maybe younger. (Mom received a phone call from my 1st grade teacher because I wrote a story about a dog that died and his escort to heaven/in heaven was a squirrel)
- I have been reading forever. There are pictures of me on the potty with a stack of books.
- I am protective of those I love. If I decide that you are a part of my circle of family weirdos I will fight for you. (Just not lions or deranged killer clowns. There you are on your own)
- I am very self-critical. (Working very hard to get rid of this one)
- I am overly responsible. (Another one I am working hard at booting out the door. In regards to others and work. Will still remain responsible for myself and T)
- I have a very warped sense of humor.
- I enjoy getting in the last word. (As does T which makes it hard for either of us to win an argument)
- I am afraid that my ideas will one day dry up and I will become a silent ghost sitting at my typewriter staring at the proverbial blank page.
- I worry about becoming repetitive in my writings.
- I love summer and sun.
When wearing socks, which foot do you dress first? Left (I had to pretend to put socks on to figure out)
If we count sheep to fall asleep, what do they count? Blades of grass?
Why do we HAVE to keep up with the Joneses? We don’t, well I don’t because I don’t even like the Joneses.
What is the ‘secret of success?’ Being happy within your own life and stop comparing yourself to those dreaded Joneses.
What would be better than the fountain of youth? A magical door that when opened transported you to wherever you wanted to be. Fictional or real.
How much do you exercise and does it help? Daily for the most part and yes. I find that it centers me as well as helping me to maintain a healthy blood pressure which is important as strokes run in my family. (What a lovely hereditary thing to pass along to your children. Like the blue or brown eyes everyone else has.)
Why do they say ‘drown your sorrows’ – what happens if they can swim? Not sure but ‘sorrows’ always swim because all you end up with is a headache and more sorrows the following day.
How do we truly know that the world we live in is the real one and that we are NOT just the finger tip of some giant? We don’t but I would hope that if we are the finger tip of some giant that he/she would have given more thought to my life plan and assisted me in getting there.
If you had one week left of life as we know it, how would you live it? Quit my job, spend the remaining time with my family and friends. And throw one hell of a party the night before I was due to kick off.
Jolly Green Giant and the Big Friendly Giant are fighting over beans, who is going to win .. Why on earth are they fighting over beans? They are giants they can have all the beans they want just by stopping in one garden or another.
… and why? Neither because again refer to above answer.
Now my nominations:
Thriving Not Surviving
Russell Pennwright’s Blog
My 11 Questions:
- If you could step into any book which book would it be.
- How do you like to wake up in the morning?
- Besides writing what would be your ideal job?
- What is your sense of humor like?
- Would you prefer to live in the woods or by the ocean?
- Sunshine or thunderstorms?
- If you could only use one mode of transportation to get everywhere what would that mode be?
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- Tent or Mansion?
- If you were the monster that lived under the bed what type of monster would you be?
- What was the name of your first stuffed animal?
There is no obligation to carry this forward but I am eagerly anticipating reading some of your answers. Have a beautiful Saturday/Sunday depending on where you are in the world.