I have been a little remiss in my most recent nomination for A Guy called Bloke but it did give me more time to think on answering the questions. I think lol
This version of the Liebster Award comes with five rules. They are:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you: Ticked
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked. Ticked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers. Ticked
- Ask them 11 questions.Ticked
- Let them know you have nominated them. Ticked
Here are the answers to his questions:
- What is the weirdest thing about me? This one is a little difficult to answer because I do not think that there is just one thing. I suppose it is the way that I organize my closet. Not only in sections like tees, jeans, yoga pants, skirts, but by color-alphabitized.
- If you had a choice to be haunted by a ghost who would you pick and why? I think I would like to be haunted by the ghost of my dog Odin. He was a cross collie/great pyranese and I miss him every day. Not a cuddler but he was my boy and I could curl up with him and he would lick my face when I cried. I miss him terribly.
- Which cartoon character do you resemble the most? Well mine is not a cartoon character but a muppet: Beaker. When I get upset or annoyed/angry my voice becomes very shrill. My uncle dubbed me this when I was 9 or 10.
- Is there anything orange within 10 feet of you and if so what? Yes, the two sides of lego on T’s truck.
- Have you ever been in a food fight? Never ever
- to 8. appear to be missing
9. Have you figured it out yet and if so what is the point? Not 2 be or not 2 be but the point? I have absolutely nothing figured out so I can’t tell you if there is a point.
10. Given a choice between Faithless-Insomnia or Cars-Gary Numan which is better? Cars only because I actually know it.
11. What is the opposite of being scared of heights? I really can’t think of a good answer for this one. Which bothers me but as I am scared of heights, I won’t ponder on it too long. A fear of the ground? Which would make it hard to do anything really except to live in really tall buildings.
I always enjoy answering questions but the last couple of times I have nominated others only a few have responded. So I am going to leave the nominating and the asking of questions out for now. But that does not mean I will not come back and decide that I will nominate. Also my brain is on a short hiatus so there is an inability to come up with some really good ones.
Who else would like ‘Meh’ as a writing prompt? Read Cranny’s post
Ok… Ok… Madame Suze told me I wouldn’t be able to keep myself from posting something, even if I wasn’t (close to being) done with commenting back on the past week.
Stop laughing Suze… I got it, you were right! (again)
But in my defense – not that I want to accuse anyone or point fingers – this is getting published in great part because of my dear dear dear Bag Lady, Cheryl!
To make a long story short… I was cross-comment chatting with Cheryl, when she said (totally taken out of context, but it doesn’t matter)
– Meh, word of the day : ))
And, as it often does… These few words just made me think about something. What if I wrote to the admins of the WordPress Daily prompt, and asked to submit “Meh” as the word of the day, sometime soon?? Would they consider my request? It got me…
View original post 159 more words
I find it hard to reconcile
the truth of you
to the truth that I have always known.
I find it hard to reconcile
the notion of you
with the reality that I have always lived.
When suddenly you fell from sight
I sighed with regret
but not dismay
for it is something I am use to.
When weeks went by without a shout
I turned my eyes forward
steeled my heart
and swore off men….
When you sent me a note
apologizing for being a dolt
I was cautiously optimistic
for this was not a part of my reality
sincere and true.
When again you returned
and arms that picked me up
wrapped me tight
with the promise to never let go.
I realized with shame
that all this time
I had assumed
you were going to fail me
just like all the others.