Thank you to Guy over at aguycalledbloke for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post.
Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
Nominate 5-11 bloggers you want to give the award to.
Ask the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own.
- What is the weirdest conversation you overheard? I am usually the one with the weird overheard conversation. None I have heard.
- If you could be any age (not your current age) for a full 7 days what age would it be and for god’s sake why? 40. It was the year that everything began to change for me.
- Do you believe in the paranormal? If so why, if not, why not? And if you are sitting on the fence, yeah you guessed it, why? I do believe in the paranormal. I have smelled my grandfather near me. My dog comes to sleep with me occasionally. And the other night, T was in kitchen getting cereal when suddenly he yelled at me to stop. I asked him what he was talking about and he said I had screamed in his ear. I was laying in bed reading.
- If you had a brainwashing machine who would you use it on specifically and why? I am sorry but I have no answer for this one.
- What is the strangest, oddest, weirdest or down right stupidest thing that you have ever eaten? Nothing (I am so boring)
- What is your favorite all time joke? It is so politically incorrect that I cannot post it.My
- What food would be best to make a house out of-discuss and explain your logic. I cannot think of any.
- If you could have a choice of window types and styles in front of your toilet what would you pick? Bay window
- You have just bumped into an alien from the planet Jupiter and you say what? Hello, how may I help you?
- Of all your behaviours/traits which one has landed you in the most hot water or trouble? My inability to not supress my smartass mouth
Thank you Christine from Poetry For Healing for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger award. Her poetry is amazing please stop by and give her a read.
The Rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post.
- Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers you want to give the award to.
- Ask the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own
My 11 Questions to the nominees are:
- How long have you been blogging? Since December 2016
- Where are you located? Canada
- When you are not blogging how do you spend your time? I read and write poetry. Watch t.v.
- What is the best Halloween costume you ever had? Can’t think of any really good ones.
- What’s your favorite word? This one has stumped me. I am sure there is one I use all the time but I cannot think of it.
- What is the worst job you ever had? Working in a factory where I had to work in the freezing cold and try to stuff turkeys/chickens into bags.
- What is a dream you have that you have yet to achieve? To publish. Whether short stories or poetry or a mix of the two.
- What do you fear most? This will sound silly but I am afraid of either spontaneously combusting or drowning.
- If you could spend the day in someone else’s shoes who would it be? I am once more stumped.
- Do you have a hidden talent? Why yes I do. It is one that I only discovered since I have been cashiering. When I need to find the bar code on the product that I am trying to scan, it is always under my thumb. 100% thumb rate.
- What was the last text you sent? Yeah. And I forgot to take anything out of the freezer to thaw. And kinda lazy. So yeah, I took the easy way out.
My darling girl….
you wrote to me
explaining you were scared
that what I felt was truthful
not actions and words
you felt manipulative.
I do not know who hurt you
who took you apart
made you to feel
that you were not enough.
I want to wrap my arms around
pull you close
feel the tension seep out
as you relax
your body leaning into mine.
a solid cloak
deflecting my gaze
you work so hard
to remain indifferent.
Your heart weeping
Look into my eyes
do you see a lie?
I want you to fall….
fall into me
I want you ….
My darling girl
I do so promise
I will not hurt you
blow away your fears
open your heart to mine please.
a picture seen
placing fingers to keys
without any thought.
Words spew forth
cresting the page
pictures in the sky.
dance through my mind.
Never do I know though
where my story will take me.
Photo by Stanley Dai on Unsplash