Recently Kristian from Tales from the mind of Kristian nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. If you have not checked out his blog as of yet please do. He is an awesome writer.
1. If you are nominated, Congratulations you have been awarded the Versatile blogger award.
2. Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog.
3. Select 10 -15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
7 Things about me:
- I am an animal lover. While at the moment I only have two cats and a child (ha ha ha) I have had a variety of animals throughout my life except rodents. No rodent like animals.
- Am an avid reader. At one time I thought I would never get into the world of electronic books and now find holding a ‘real’ book is actually hard on the hands.
- Am a hopeless romantic despite all protests to the opposite. Just have not found someone to romance me 🙂
- Despite wanting to shunt him off to boarding school on a daily basis my son is my sun and moon. I live for him.
- It took me a long time to embrace that I am a poet.
- I love words. I love to read words. If I see something written I must read it.
- I absolutely love the fact that I am no longer responsible for anything but myself and son. That the stress of being a manager at work is gone. I only have to go in do my job and go home.
- This last year and a bit (Dec. 23/17-now) have been the happiest of my life. There have been some ups and downs and some heartaches, but I am finally the woman that I am suppose to be.
- I discovered my worth. I acknowledge my worth finally to myself and will chase no one/beg no one to stay in my life.
- Afraid that I am a bad mom. I share and teach T things that some might find a little too much/excessive. I want him to be prepared and I want him to understand that words and actions have consequences.
My choices are:
John at The Eclectic Contrarian
Kristen at Kristen Ruchalski, Writer
Theresa at The Haunted Wordsmith
Crushed Caramel (Learner at Love)
Rory at A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip!
A Dad trying to cope with the loss of his partner and becoming a single Parent.
These are just a few of the great blogs that I follow. It is hard to pick only a few as everyone deserves the Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank you to Theresa over at The Haunted Wordsmith for nominating me. If you have not had a chance to peruse her blog and writings you are cheating yourself out of a great tale maker. Please head on over and check her out.
The rules are:
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to them.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
- Paper or plastic?
- Drive Thru/Take Away, Eat-in, or Delivery?
- Favorite pizza toppings?
- Ice cream, Frozen Yogurt, or Frozen Custard?
- Favorite Hamburger toppings?
- Coffee, Tea, or Soda?
- Favorite snack food?
- Sunny, Cloudy, or Overcast?
- If you could order anything from the machine in Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, what would you order (its a machine that drops food from the sky)?
- Alien, Predator, or Human Villain…which would you rather face?
- What do you want from The Great Pumpkin this year?
- Paper (actually reusable bags as we no longer have paper bags up here in Steinbach Manitoba Canada.
- Eat in or Delivery. But alas due to high blood pressure it is going to be eat in only for the next little while.
- Ham and Mushroom
- Ice Cream (chocolate or chocolate marble all time faves)
- Ketchup or mayonaisse
- Chips but again must stop due to high blood pressure.
- Sunny without a doubt
- Clubhouse or BLT with fries and gravy
- Human Villain
- To win the lottery lmao
My 11 questions:
- Do you believe in true love?
- Summer or Winter?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
- Have you ever sat in your car and cried for no reason other than being sad?
- Science Fiction or Fantasy?
- If you could be any fantasy character what type would you be?
- If you discovered the secret to slowing down the aging process would you use it?
- Walking through the forest you come upon a large tree with a door in it, do you open the door?
- If you opened the door in the above question what did you find?
- If you did not open the door in question 8 why not?
- Favorite all time Halloween costume.
The 11 blogs I have chosen to participate (you don’t have to) but I also recommend checking them out:
- A Dad trying to cope with the loss of his partner and becoming a single parent
- The Eclectic Contrarian
- Fractured Faith Blog
- Tales from the Mind of Kristian
- Authentically 50-Embracing Life’s Change
- Stories from the Edge of Blindness
- Ragazza Triste
- A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip
- Light Motif’s II
Blogging Chums Award
The Blogging Chums Award is given to particularly brilliant bloggers who are really providing something special to the community, either through their writing or the way they engage with other people: they’re just brilliant! The award was created by Robert at The Non-Alcoholic Student
Here are the rules:
1. Be sure to use the award image!
2. List the rules & about paragraph!
3. Thank whoever nominated you!
4. Write a letter to someone who means a lot to you to spread some positivity around the Internet – anyone will do!
5. Nominate 5-10 more people for the award and go let them know about it in their comments!
Thanks to Karen at Blue Sky Days 365 for nominating me.
My nominations are:
The Haunted Wordsmith who writes beautiful short stories that makes you want to know more about the characters she writes about.
Kranti at Sparklingthoughts her writings are amazing. Speaks to you.
Syncwithdeep another beautiful soul and poet.
Thank you to Guy over at aguycalledbloke for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post.
Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
Nominate 5-11 bloggers you want to give the award to.
Ask the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own.
- What is the weirdest conversation you overheard? I am usually the one with the weird overheard conversation. None I have heard.
- If you could be any age (not your current age) for a full 7 days what age would it be and for god’s sake why? 40. It was the year that everything began to change for me.
- Do you believe in the paranormal? If so why, if not, why not? And if you are sitting on the fence, yeah you guessed it, why? I do believe in the paranormal. I have smelled my grandfather near me. My dog comes to sleep with me occasionally. And the other night, T was in kitchen getting cereal when suddenly he yelled at me to stop. I asked him what he was talking about and he said I had screamed in his ear. I was laying in bed reading.
- If you had a brainwashing machine who would you use it on specifically and why? I am sorry but I have no answer for this one.
- What is the strangest, oddest, weirdest or down right stupidest thing that you have ever eaten? Nothing (I am so boring)
- What is your favorite all time joke? It is so politically incorrect that I cannot post it.My
- What food would be best to make a house out of-discuss and explain your logic. I cannot think of any.
- If you could have a choice of window types and styles in front of your toilet what would you pick? Bay window
- You have just bumped into an alien from the planet Jupiter and you say what? Hello, how may I help you?
- Of all your behaviours/traits which one has landed you in the most hot water or trouble? My inability to not supress my smartass mouth
Thank you Christine from Poetry For Healing for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger award. Her poetry is amazing please stop by and give her a read.
The Rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post.
- Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers you want to give the award to.
- Ask the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own
My 11 Questions to the nominees are:
- How long have you been blogging? Since December 2016
- Where are you located? Canada
- When you are not blogging how do you spend your time? I read and write poetry. Watch t.v.
- What is the best Halloween costume you ever had? Can’t think of any really good ones.
- What’s your favorite word? This one has stumped me. I am sure there is one I use all the time but I cannot think of it.
- What is the worst job you ever had? Working in a factory where I had to work in the freezing cold and try to stuff turkeys/chickens into bags.
- What is a dream you have that you have yet to achieve? To publish. Whether short stories or poetry or a mix of the two.
- What do you fear most? This will sound silly but I am afraid of either spontaneously combusting or drowning.
- If you could spend the day in someone else’s shoes who would it be? I am once more stumped.
- Do you have a hidden talent? Why yes I do. It is one that I only discovered since I have been cashiering. When I need to find the bar code on the product that I am trying to scan, it is always under my thumb. 100% thumb rate.
- What was the last text you sent? Yeah. And I forgot to take anything out of the freezer to thaw. And kinda lazy. So yeah, I took the easy way out.
I have been a little remiss in my most recent nomination for A Guy called Bloke but it did give me more time to think on answering the questions. I think lol
This version of the Liebster Award comes with five rules. They are:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you: Ticked
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked. Ticked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers. Ticked
- Ask them 11 questions.Ticked
- Let them know you have nominated them. Ticked
Here are the answers to his questions:
- What is the weirdest thing about me? This one is a little difficult to answer because I do not think that there is just one thing. I suppose it is the way that I organize my closet. Not only in sections like tees, jeans, yoga pants, skirts, but by color-alphabitized.
- If you had a choice to be haunted by a ghost who would you pick and why? I think I would like to be haunted by the ghost of my dog Odin. He was a cross collie/great pyranese and I miss him every day. Not a cuddler but he was my boy and I could curl up with him and he would lick my face when I cried. I miss him terribly.
- Which cartoon character do you resemble the most? Well mine is not a cartoon character but a muppet: Beaker. When I get upset or annoyed/angry my voice becomes very shrill. My uncle dubbed me this when I was 9 or 10.
- Is there anything orange within 10 feet of you and if so what? Yes, the two sides of lego on T’s truck.
- Have you ever been in a food fight? Never ever
- to 8. appear to be missing
9. Have you figured it out yet and if so what is the point? Not 2 be or not 2 be but the point? I have absolutely nothing figured out so I can’t tell you if there is a point.
10. Given a choice between Faithless-Insomnia or Cars-Gary Numan which is better? Cars only because I actually know it.
11. What is the opposite of being scared of heights? I really can’t think of a good answer for this one. Which bothers me but as I am scared of heights, I won’t ponder on it too long. A fear of the ground? Which would make it hard to do anything really except to live in really tall buildings.
I always enjoy answering questions but the last couple of times I have nominated others only a few have responded. So I am going to leave the nominating and the asking of questions out for now. But that does not mean I will not come back and decide that I will nominate. Also my brain is on a short hiatus so there is an inability to come up with some really good ones.
I recently started to follow her…. The Haunted Wordsmith. Thank you for nominating me. I am coming to the third day and this will be it. (Insert pouty face lol)
The rules are simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post a quote for three consecutive days.
- Nominate three bloggers each day.
I realized today that I am at peace within myself. I no longer care how people judge me. I no longer care if people think my laugh is too loud. I say inappropriate things at the wrong times because my filter does not always work. And that is okay.
I love me. All of me. With all my heart. And in doing so I have freed myself.