Pleasure fragranced with vanilla kisses
sun touched dappled skin.
Two figures wrapped in summer’s embrace
beneath a waxing moon;
and whispered promises.
Castles spun from sugared dreams
dances played across crystal floors
nestled within arms of steel
and hearts found forever more.
Pink hued romance
of a fairy tale once told.
Handsome Kings and
play with nuance
a subtle game of hearts
Love can be found
in niches not seen
but stolen kisses
and hidden misses
a love story make.
In days of yore,
I would find myself at the crossroad
where the devil dances.
Skeletal tree limbs braced by ashen sky,
a gibbet swaying on creaking rope,
filled with the broken pieces
of the thief in chains.
My shattered crown
threaded together with brambles
entwined in gnarled locks of gold
held in place speared through my flesh.
I search for the path that will lead me
back to the sanity,
that once sheltered me.
My hands blooded as I hold my heart
torn from my breast
and cast aside,
a treat for any passing wolf.
My rage grows knowing no bounds.
No longer am I the sweet princess
but the bitter Queen scorned.
In days of yore,
you would have cast me unto the wilds
letting fate and nature
sway your course.
more humane demise
to what was once a love
so deep and true.
In days of yore
I could find another love
another man to hold me.
In days of yore
I could continue the dance
of life and love.
In days of yore……..
I would not feel my heart ripped apart
by the beast that shares your tongue.
moving through time eternal
strands weaving and warping
telling the same old tales.
Woe shall befall the King
proclaims the blinded seer.
Blood shall spatter the Good Queen’s name
shouts the sinister beggar.
Behold the chains binding the waif
bending her to knee and back,
leaving a hole in the fabric of being
as her lover clamors for return,
speaketh the Oracle.
Each saga the same.
Each time a repeat of another
as each soul is reborn
prey to the Fates,
who play them like pawns upon the chessboard.
Bones piled high
bleached white beneath scouring sands
time has turned for
each passing of the hour.
Tides flow in and ebb out
casting upon the shores
detrius found deep from beneath
magic and wonders not seen
since the last turn of the clock.
Tears leeched from their souls
tasking glories to be replaced
upon cobble stoned streets
that have been forgotten.
Prophecies abound and stories flow
of change to come once more.
Once I danced along,
streets covered in golden dreams
believing the fantasy
that I built from nothing.
Now I creep alone
through empty concrete dreams
my fantasies but ash within my mouth
as my tears bring no relief.
I rend my heart in bitterness
curse my soul that remakes my wound
the scar marking the damage done;
damage I cannot get away from.
What one can expect to find if they continue after reading and understanding the rules:
My heart enclosed. The gates locked. Bridge is up and the moat is full. With vicious crocodiles. And piranhas.
As I sit here, pouting like a petulant toddler who’s discovered she has to share her candy, I realize how hard I am to please. I have always been the caretaker. That role, after doing it for years becomes exhaustive.
Every single relationship I have been in I end up being in total control. I am the one making all the plans, paying all the bills and ensuring that life continues along tickety-boo. And now I have independence and the only ones I need to worry about are T and myself.
So I have come up with 10 things I need to warn the opposite sex of. About me. And my requirements. For my non- relationship. With a man who can take care of himself.
1) I do not want a relationship. However I do not want to share you. So get use to it.
2) I want a text. Not a thousand times a day but a good morning, a hey in the afternoon and a good night. So I know I have flitted across your mind.
4) I want to hang out with you. But I don’t. So just sit there until you figure it out. I will continue to read my Kindle.
5) I want to talk to you. Sometimes I will actually want you to participate in the conversation. Wait for the extended pause and dive in there.
6) I am a little bit crazy. But just a little bit, most of my friends will tell you it is barely noticeable.
7) I have anxiety attacks. There is no rhyme or reason they strike from no where. Just talk to me calmly about anything so I can focus and ask you questions.
8) I am not certain I want overnight company. I now sleep diagonally across my king size bed. Debating if I want to share.
9) I live with depression. That means some days I am sad. There is nothing you can do about it. Give me a hug and kiss and I will be okay. Some cuddles are nice too.
10) I am extremely emotional. I cry at commercials. I get mad at stupid stuff. I feel things very differently.
Truthfully, I am forwarning most men. I am a weird woman. I want my independence. I want to be taken care of. I want to be respected.
T and me had a conversation recently. He wanted to know when I was going to get a boyfriend. I phfft’d and said I did not need a boyfriend.That I was more than capable of doing what was needed. He looked at me and asked ‘ you just needed one to help you put together my bed, right mom?’ (I so could have put his bed together but a friend with a drill is much more helpful)