***Before I begin I want to give credit to raynotbradbury with regards to how I have named my characters. She writes amazing stories and uses a descriptor for the character as opposed to a name. That is what I have done here.***
This is going to be a wee bit of a brag.
T has informed me that the time has come for me to move beyond my poetry to short stories. He would like to see me stories like his. The Adventures of Pickle. Kids book he has created.
I have been mulling over an idea or what I thought the idea was going to be. Last night I grabbed my notebook and opened up a new page in Evernote Notebook Fiction. I wrote for an hour. At times my fingers flew across the keyboard as my character began to take shape. Imagine my surprise when my main character morphed from male to female and the male lead is becoming a secondary character.
I wrote 1249 words last night.
I could have continued writing but than I would only be going to bed now. I have not written a short story since the early 2000’s. I am so excited and even now she is hovering at the edge of my conscious poking me as though saying ‘Hey Jay what are you doing? I am here, c’mon let’s get going I have so much to tell you.”
He was just like all the men that have flitted through my life, hummingbirds looking for nectar.
Short on responsibility and long on his own needs.
And I watched a good man walk away, because I did not think
I deserved more.
What one can expect to find if they continue after reading and understanding the rules:
My heart enclosed. The gates locked. Bridge is up and the moat is full. With vicious crocodiles. And piranhas.
As I sit here, pouting like a petulant toddler who’s discovered she has to share her candy, I realize how hard I am to please. I have always been the caretaker. That role, after doing it for years becomes exhaustive.
Every single relationship I have been in I end up being in total control. I am the one making all the plans, paying all the bills and ensuring that life continues along tickety-boo. And now I have independence and the only ones I need to worry about are T and myself.
So I have come up with 10 things I need to warn the opposite sex of. About me. And my requirements. For my non- relationship. With a man who can take care of himself.
1) I do not want a relationship. However I do not want to share you. So get use to it.
2) I want a text. Not a thousand times a day but a good morning, a hey in the afternoon and a good night. So I know I have flitted across your mind.
4) I want to hang out with you. But I don’t. So just sit there until you figure it out. I will continue to read my Kindle.
5) I want to talk to you. Sometimes I will actually want you to participate in the conversation. Wait for the extended pause and dive in there.
6) I am a little bit crazy. But just a little bit, most of my friends will tell you it is barely noticeable.
7) I have anxiety attacks. There is no rhyme or reason they strike from no where. Just talk to me calmly about anything so I can focus and ask you questions.
8) I am not certain I want overnight company. I now sleep diagonally across my king size bed. Debating if I want to share.
9) I live with depression. That means some days I am sad. There is nothing you can do about it. Give me a hug and kiss and I will be okay. Some cuddles are nice too.
10) I am extremely emotional. I cry at commercials. I get mad at stupid stuff. I feel things very differently.
Truthfully, I am forwarning most men. I am a weird woman. I want my independence. I want to be taken care of. I want to be respected.
T and me had a conversation recently. He wanted to know when I was going to get a boyfriend. I phfft’d and said I did not need a boyfriend.That I was more than capable of doing what was needed. He looked at me and asked ‘ you just needed one to help you put together my bed, right mom?’ (I so could have put his bed together but a friend with a drill is much more helpful)