What one can expect to find if they continue after reading and understanding the rules:
My heart enclosed. The gates locked. Bridge is up and the moat is full. With vicious crocodiles. And piranhas.
As I sit here, pouting like a petulant toddler who’s discovered she has to share her candy, I realize how hard I am to please. I have always been the caretaker. That role, after doing it for years becomes exhaustive.
Every single relationship I have been in I end up being in total control. I am the one making all the plans, paying all the bills and ensuring that life continues along tickety-boo. And now I have independence and the only ones I need to worry about are T and myself.
So I have come up with 10 things I need to warn the opposite sex of. About me. And my requirements. For my non- relationship. With a man who can take care of himself.
1) I do not want a relationship. However I do not want to share you. So get use to it.
2) I want a text. Not a thousand times a day but a good morning, a hey in the afternoon and a good night. So I know I have flitted across your mind.
4) I want to hang out with you. But I don’t. So just sit there until you figure it out. I will continue to read my Kindle.
5) I want to talk to you. Sometimes I will actually want you to participate in the conversation. Wait for the extended pause and dive in there.
6) I am a little bit crazy. But just a little bit, most of my friends will tell you it is barely noticeable.
7) I have anxiety attacks. There is no rhyme or reason they strike from no where. Just talk to me calmly about anything so I can focus and ask you questions.
8) I am not certain I want overnight company. I now sleep diagonally across my king size bed. Debating if I want to share.
9) I live with depression. That means some days I am sad. There is nothing you can do about it. Give me a hug and kiss and I will be okay. Some cuddles are nice too.
10) I am extremely emotional. I cry at commercials. I get mad at stupid stuff. I feel things very differently.
Truthfully, I am forwarning most men. I am a weird woman. I want my independence. I want to be taken care of. I want to be respected.
T and me had a conversation recently. He wanted to know when I was going to get a boyfriend. I phfft’d and said I did not need a boyfriend.That I was more than capable of doing what was needed. He looked at me and asked ‘ you just needed one to help you put together my bed, right mom?’ (I so could have put his bed together but a friend with a drill is much more helpful)