Recently Kristian from Tales from the mind of Kristian nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. If you have not checked out his blog as of yet please do. He is an awesome writer.
1. If you are nominated, Congratulations you have been awarded the Versatile blogger award.
2. Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog.
3. Select 10 -15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
7 Things about me:
- I am an animal lover. While at the moment I only have two cats and a child (ha ha ha) I have had a variety of animals throughout my life except rodents. No rodent like animals.
- Am an avid reader. At one time I thought I would never get into the world of electronic books and now find holding a ‘real’ book is actually hard on the hands.
- Am a hopeless romantic despite all protests to the opposite. Just have not found someone to romance me 🙂
- Despite wanting to shunt him off to boarding school on a daily basis my son is my sun and moon. I live for him.
- It took me a long time to embrace that I am a poet.
- I love words. I love to read words. If I see something written I must read it.
- I absolutely love the fact that I am no longer responsible for anything but myself and son. That the stress of being a manager at work is gone. I only have to go in do my job and go home.
- This last year and a bit (Dec. 23/17-now) have been the happiest of my life. There have been some ups and downs and some heartaches, but I am finally the woman that I am suppose to be.
- I discovered my worth. I acknowledge my worth finally to myself and will chase no one/beg no one to stay in my life.
- Afraid that I am a bad mom. I share and teach T things that some might find a little too much/excessive. I want him to be prepared and I want him to understand that words and actions have consequences.
My choices are:
John at The Eclectic Contrarian
Kristen at Kristen Ruchalski, Writer
Theresa at The Haunted Wordsmith
Crushed Caramel (Learner at Love)
Rory at A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip!
A Dad trying to cope with the loss of his partner and becoming a single Parent.
These are just a few of the great blogs that I follow. It is hard to pick only a few as everyone deserves the Versatile Blogger Award.
I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award this evening by the delightful sierraleonegirl in a weekend of nominations. Thank you so much my girl.
What is the Versatile Blogger Award?
- The versatile blogger award is given to bloggers by bloggers to as a recognition of the uniqueness of their content and individuality.
- It is also a way to honor bloggers who bring something special to your life whether everyday or now and then.
- The award is run by VBA. Check them out
When you are nominated for the Versatile blogger award, you have to play by a number of rules and these are the rules.
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I an not going to nominate anyone because over the last couple of days I have nominated all that I would have nominated here. I do invite those who would like to to participate as I always love discovering new facts out about y’all. I read your stories but having the deep dark secrets behind the stories is awesome. And I may create a character based on you. The cons of having a writer friend. As y’all know.
Okay 15 things that no one knows about me:
- I was pigeon-toed at birth. I had to wear lovely shoes that had a bar going across to keep my feet straight. To this day when I am really tired, my feet will turn inward if they are propped on table or end of couch.
- I also had a lazy eye. That was corrected by wearing an eye patch.
- I broke my arm after learning how to jump off a swing. Forward jumping. I decided that I would try backwards jumping and well…….
- I am a non-practicing Catholic. There are just too many things that I cannot resolve to my satisfaction.
- I am a secret romantic. I want to be swept off my feet. Flowers sent to me, dinner at a nice restaurant. Told to dress up.
- I am rather opinionated.
- I like to talk, a lot.
- I swear, a lot. T is forever telling me to watch my language.
- I can take little pieces of information and come up with the whole picture. Whether I am suppose to know or not.
- My bff and I are twins born 9 3/4 years apart. We look nothing alike, we sound nothing alike, yet we are soul sisters. She knows everything about me. From the moment we get up until we go to bed, we are messaging one another. Or sending voice messages.
- I am separated. And although at first we could not stand one another, the Ex and me, we are at a point where we are friends.
- I want to make you cry! LOL I have realized that with my poetry, I want to make people feel. I want to touch a cord within them. Mom use to joke that she always knew how good a book was based on how many times I cried. Or used Kleenex. I want to be able to do that.
- I spend a lot of time reading the blogs that I follow. I have mentioned before but will mention this again, I am so afraid to miss any of your posts that I have them emailed to me. Instantly.
- I love to cry. As odd as that sounds when I read I love it when the writer can make me cry. Being able to connect through the words before me, to feel what the writer is trying to convey, means a lot to me. Sometimes I will have to stop reading because the pain is so overwhelming. Yet I will continue to read once the initial wave has passed.
- I love to sing. I use Spotify and it is awesome. I can spend an entire weekend writing and listening and never get to the end of my list. And I keep adding to it.
- Okay there are only suppose to be 15 things but I just had a thought…..let me know your favorite song. I love to discover new artists.
So there you have it. 15 things about me and 1 request. Have an awesome night/Monday wherever you are in the world. And thank you for reading me.